I am encouraged about the progress we have made since last session. Simply by making slight adjustments to the wording of the bill and educating key people about its effects, we have gained the support of:
- The Rutherford Institute;
- Americans United for Life;
- Focus on the Family;
- The Family Foundation of Virginia;
- The Virginia Catholic Conference;
- Concerned Women for America;
- Virginia Society for Human Life; and
- Virginia Christian Alliance.
In addition, we have amassed an incredible degree of support among the legislators who will actually debate and vote for the bill. These include:
- Speaker of the House Bill Howell;
- Del. Bob Marshall;
- Sen. Mark Obenshain;
- Sen. Jill Vogel;
- Del. Dave Albo;
- Del. Clay Athey;
- Del. Ben Cline;
- Del. Jackson Miller;
- Del. Dickie Bell; and
- Del. Todd Gilbert.
Chances for passage in the House of Delegates look good. Of course, the Senate is another story.